Published on August 30, 2022
PLUS, LAST DAY TO SAVE! On any home test kit to measure vitamin D and omega-3s with our Back-to-School sale.
- Vitamin D is needed by virtually every cell in the body, and is essential for hundreds of processes each and every day. It acts as a protector and regulator of all cell types, tissues, and organs, it is able to enhance the functioning of each system of the body to help keep us healthy. A deficit in vitamin D can lead to impairment or disease in each of these systems – from brittle bones to heart disease, cancer and dementia.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, such as DHA and EPA, are essential to our health. Higher omega-3s have been associated with improved cognitive function and cardiovascular health, lower risk of dementia, lower risk of cancer, longer life, and a reduced relative risk for death from any cause, including COVID-19. They are beneficial for normal vision, anti-aging, skin health, maternal health, immune system, brain health, heart health, normal liver function, joints and muscles, and more.
- Use the following infographics to share evidence-based information about vitamin D and omega-3s, and other nutrients, for better health
Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids can both influence many aspects of our health. Yet, nearly 90% of US adults are not getting enough vitamin D to have the recommended vitamin D level of 40-60 ng/ml (100-150 nmol/L).
In terms of omega-3 fatty acids, the typical diet for most individuals, up to 80-90% in some countries, does not provide enough omega-3s EPA and DHA to provide the known health benefits associated with a higher omega-3 status.
It is important to know your levels of both!
Learn WHY Measuring Your Vitamin D and Omega-3 Levels is Important, with Our Newest Infographics!
Now you can view and download any of our new infographics from a single page! These are great for sharing research based evidence about the benefits of vitamin D, omega-3s, and other nutrients for our health, with topics including:
With these infographics, it is easy to see and understand the research showing how vitamin D, omega-3s, and other nutrients can benefit specific conditions and help improve our health overall. Stay tuned and check this page for our new and upcoming infographics!
Today is the LAST DAY for 10% OFF ANY BLOOD SPOT TEST KIT COMBINATION THAT INCLUDES OMEGA-3S AND VITAMIN D!
Use the coupon code FOCUS22 to save on your purchase.
Here are our top 3 kits that measure both vitamin D and omega-3s:
Vitamin D & Omega-3 Index
Immune Boost Panel
What Else Can You Measure with Your Home Test Kit?
Measure any combination of the following along with your Vitamin D and Omega-3 Index:
- Add your AA:EPA and Omega-3/6 Ratios – measure these levels with the Omega-3 Index; get additional insights on the balance of essential fats in the body and how they may be contributing to inflammation and disease by adding the ratios
- High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP) – a marker of inflammation in the body that can highly affect cognitive health
- HbA1c (Glycated hemoglobin) – measures the health of recent blood sugar levels
- PLUS elements such as Selenium, Zinc, Copper, Zinc:Copper Ratio and toxic elements Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury
Build your custom kit by adding your choice of the options above, or choose from our top selling test combinations that include vitamin D and the Omega-3 Index from above.
Get Your Test Now!
Save 10% by entering the coupon code FOCUS22 on checkout.
Help Increase Attention, Focus, and Improve Overall Health, with Vitamin D, Omega-3s, and Other Nutrients!
Measuring your vitamin D level and calculating a supplementation amount to help reach and maintain a target level, or taking loading doses to correct deficiency faster, could possibly make all the difference in overall health, wellbeing, and how a current disease situation progresses.
Having and maintaining healthy vitamin D levels and other nutrient levels can help improve your health, now and for the future. Enroll and test your levels today, learn what steps to take to improve your status of vitamin D (see below) and other nutrients and blood markers, and take action! By enrolling in the GrassrootsHealth projects, you are not only contributing valuable information to everyone, you are also gaining knowledge about how you could improve your own health through measuring and tracking your nutrient status, and educating yourself on how to improve it.
How Can You Use this Information for YOUR Health?
Having and maintaining healthy vitamin D and other nutrient levels can help improve your health now and for your future. Measuring is the only way to make sure you are getting enough!
STEP 1 Order your at-home blood spot test kit to measure vitamin D and other nutrients of concern to you, such as omega-3s, magnesium, essential and toxic elements (zinc, copper, selenium, lead, cadmium, mercury); include hsCRP as a marker of inflammation or HbA1c for blood sugar health
STEP 2 Answer the online questionnaire as part of the GrassrootsHealth study
STEP 3 Using our educational materials and tools (such as our dose calculators), assess your results to determine if you are in your desired target range or if actions should be taken to get there
STEP 4 After 3-6 months of implementing your changes, re-test to see if you have achieved your target level(s)