Published on December 25, 2020
Video Friday: Less Than 2 Minutes to Watch and Share!
It’s Video Friday! Today’s video is less than two minutes long and cuts to the point – that there is an obvious and important connection between your vitamin D level and your risk of COVID-19 disease and severity. Please take a moment to watch and share the video along with our detailed information below.
Watch the Video
After watching the video, be sure to make note of our added details below!
Know Your Vitamin D Level and Take Steps to Decrease Your Risk of COVID-19
Here is a quick summary of what this video discusses, along with additional information and details about vitamin D:
- The evidence supporting vitamin D’s role in COVID-19 (summarized below and here) was enough to include it in President Donald Trump’s treatment protocol
- Rheumatologist Dr. Anna Kazaryan at UCSF Fresno observed a connection between her own patients who had low vitamin D and their rate of COVID-19 positivity and severity, so she began a study on her patients
- Almost all of the patients tested had low levels of vitamin D. Additionally, among approximately 200 COVID-19 patients, 70-80% of those with low vitamin D levels ended up in the ICU
- Supplementation with vitamin D is essential for the majority of the population to get enough. The current RDA of 600-800 IU per day is way too low. 4,000 IU per day is considered safe, however, may not be enough for many to reach the scientists’ recommended 40-60 ng/ml (100-150 nmol/L) vitamin D level. Due to high variability in how each person responds to supplementation, vitamin D testing is necessary.
- Can you take too much vitamin D? Toxicity is very rare and difficult to achieve. However, it is good to know your levels and re-test after increasing supplementation to avoid toxicity.
Don’t Blindly Supplement – Test Your Vitamin D Level Today!
By joining the GrassrootsHealth projects, you are not only contributing valuable information to our study, but you are also gaining knowledge about how you could improve your own health through measuring and tracking your nutrient status, and educating yourself on how to improve it. Do you know what your status of vitamin D, omega-3s, and other essential nutrients is? Could your levels be improved? Test now to find out!
We now have a NEW GIFTING SERVICE that allows you to quickly send ‘Gift Cards’ to friends, family and coworkers who you consider might need immediate access to testing, and to Claim the Joy of Your Health TODAY. Give the gift today!
What does the Research Say about Vitamin D & COVID-19?
It’s TIME to start saving lives! If you can help PREVENT the majority of the death, it’s time! What’s it costing you/us not to take action NOW?
There is much published research that supports a clear link between vitamin D and COVID-19 showing that higher vitamin D levels are related to:
Be sure to educate yourself on the benefits and importance of vitamin D for immune health, and take steps to ensure you and your loved ones are getting enough.
You can review all of the COVID-19 and immune health information we have shared on this page.
How Can You Use this Information for YOUR Health?
Having and maintaining healthy vitamin D and other nutrient levels can help improve your health now and for your future. Measuring is the only way to make sure you are getting enough!
STEP 1 Order your at-home blood spot test kit to measure vitamin D and other nutrients of concern to you, such as omega-3s, magnesium, essential and toxic elements (zinc, copper, selenium, lead, cadmium, mercury); include hsCRP as a marker of inflammation or HbA1c for blood sugar health
STEP 2 Answer the online questionnaire as part of the GrassrootsHealth study
STEP 3 Using our educational materials and tools (such as our dose calculators), assess your results to determine if you are in your desired target range or if actions should be taken to get there
STEP 4 After 3-6 months of implementing your changes, re-test to see if you have achieved your target level(s)