Published on February 13, 2024
Save on Select Combinations that Include Markers for Heart and Cardiovascular Health
Although February happens to be American Heart Month, and this week, Heart Failure Awareness Week, our cardiovascular health should be a daily thought with steps taken on a routine basis to help strengthen and protect our hearts.
Diet, exercise, and lifestyle all play an important role in cardiovascular health – but did you know that more specific steps can be taken towards even greater results when certain blood measurements are addressed? Knowing these measurements can further define specific goals to set and pin-point how to move forward with certain diet and lifestyle changes – plus, re-measuring can show if and when those goals are or have been met.
To help make these measurements more available to everyone, we have created a special set of heart-healthy home blood spot test combinations, with a 20% off special for the rest of Valentine’s week only!
20% OFF SELECT BLOOD SPOT TEST KITS FOR HEART-HEALTH
Choose from the test kit combinations found on our Heart Health Specials shop page
Hurry! This offer is available now until Monday, February 19th, 2023 at 11.59PM PST.*
Treat Your Heart Right by Giving it the Nutrients it Needs! Discover Which Nutrients Your Heart is Yearning For
Cardiovascular disease (CVD), which includes heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure, is the number one killer of American women and men, and it is a leading cause of serious illness and disability. Essential nutrients such as vitamin D, omega-3s, and magnesium play a large part in maintaining a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
Research shows that the following nutrients are especially important to heart health:
- Higher levels are associated with lower blood pressure, reduced risk of arterial stiffness, diabetes and insulin resistance, and maintaining glucose regulation and a healthy lipid profile
- 20-50% of CVD could be prevented if everyone had an adequate level of vitamin D (40 – 60 ng/ml)
- There are over 8,000 research papers available on heart health and omega-3s, showing many benefits of omega-3s for heart health
- The recommended Omega-3 Index is 8% or higher – yet 85% of GrassrootsHealth participants were below this level
BALANCED OMEGA-6s & OMEGA-3s
- Omega-6 fatty acids (such as AA) promote inflammation and the development of chronic disease
- Omega-3 fatty acids (such as EPA) can help lower inflammation and reduce the risk of inflammatory diseases
- The AA:EPA ratio and Omega-6:3 ratio are measures of pro/anti-inflammatory fatty acids; knowing these ratios can help you take more specific steps towards achieving lower levels of inflammation through diet and supplements
- Over 45% of the US population consumes less than the average daily requirement of magnesium, thus are very likely deficient
- Magnesium deficiency is a contributor to CVD, with research showing its relationship to conditions such as atrial fibrillation, stroke, high blood pressure and heart failure
PLUS DIRECTLY MEASURE INFLAMMATION LEVELS IN THE BODY WITH hsCRP
- CRP has been used for decades as a general marker of inflammation that can be measured in your blood
- Elevated CRP levels have been linked to metabolic syndrome, future heart attacks, stoke, peripheral arterial disease, and the development of diabetes
- Evidence suggests that levels below 1.0 mg/L indicate low risk of cardiovascular disease, levels between 1.0 and 3.0 mg/L indicate average risk, and levels between 3.1 and 10 mg/L indicate increased risk
AND MEASURE YOUR METABOLIC HEALTH WITH HbA1c
- HbA1c is a measure of how healthy average blood sugar levels have been in the recent few months, and is a better representation of blood sugar health than a single glucose measurement
- higher levels of HbA1c are associated with higher levels of inflammation, a higher risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes, and in turn, CVD
Learn more about each of the above here.
Vitamin D & Omega-3 Index with AA:EPA and Omega-6:3 Ratios
Inflammation Panel Plus Magnesium
ENSURE HEALTHY LEVELS OF THE ABOVE BY TESTING TODAY
Having and maintaining healthy nutrient levels can help improve your health now and for your future. Choose which nutrients to measure with your vitamin D by choosing your heart-healthy test kit today with our special offer. Take steps to improve the status of each of these measurements to benefit your overall health. With measurement you can then determine how much is needed and steps to achieve your goals. You can also track your own intakes, symptoms and results to see what works best for YOU.
*Offer valid until Monday, February 19th, 2024 at 11.59PM PST. Not cumulative with other coupon codes.
Take steps for your own health to ensure optimal vitamin D levels – for your family and loved ones as well – by measuring at home today.
How Can You Use this Information for YOUR Health?
Having and maintaining healthy vitamin D and other nutrient levels can help improve your health now and for your future. Measuring is the only way to make sure you are getting enough!
STEP 1 Order your at-home blood spot test kit to measure vitamin D and other nutrients of concern to you, such as omega-3s, magnesium, essential and toxic elements (zinc, copper, selenium, lead, cadmium, mercury); include hsCRP as a marker of inflammation or HbA1c for blood sugar health
STEP 2 Answer the online questionnaire as part of the GrassrootsHealth study
STEP 3 Using our educational materials and tools (such as our dose calculators), assess your results to determine if you are in your desired target range or if actions should be taken to get there
STEP 4 After 3-6 months of implementing your changes, re-test to see if you have achieved your target level(s)